Sunday, March 25, 2012

Katheryn Lane Uncovered (a little bit)


I’ve been tagged by romance author Paula Martin to answer the following questions, so here goes:

What is the one book you couldn’t live without?

Is it too cliché to say the Bible?

What can you see out of your window at the moment?
Desert, desert and more desert! I live in the Middle East and there’s a lot of desert! It can either be very bleak, or very romantic depending on what mood I’m in and the weather.

What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
Fried pigs ears and not by choice! I was in Spain and ordered it by accident. It’s the inspiration behind the scene in Her Latin Lover when the heroine, Mary, finds herself alone in South America, and not speaking any Spanish, she orders randomly off the menu in a cafe. However, when the food arrives, she discovers that she’s ordered pigs ears!

What fictional character would you most like to marry?
Rhett Butler from Gone with the Wind, but only if he looked like Clark Gable - so sexy!

If ever a fictional villain was going to win, who would you want it to be?
Probably the money lender, Shylock, from The Merchant of Venice. If he was around today, he’d work for an investment bank and instead of being punished, he’d be given a six-figure bonus and promotion.

How many types of cheese can you name off the top of your head?
Not sure, maybe a dozen? I love cheese, but I try not to eat too much as it’s not very slimming. My favourite would have to be mature English cheddar on fresh bread with a glass of wine.

If you didn’t want to be a writer, what would you want to be?
I’d love to have been a ballet dancer! I know I’ve mentioned this before, but I love ballet.

Can you play a musical instrument?
I tried to learn how to play the piano as a child, but sadly I never got he hang of it.


Do you own a Kindle or any sort of e-reader?
I have an ereader, which I think is essential nowadays as many books are only available as ebooks, such as mine! However, I still buy paperback books as well and love going to second-hand book shops.

If so, how many books do you have on it?
A lot, especially ebooks that have been recommended by friends and other authors, though I haven’t read all of them yet!

You just got published. In a glowing review, someone calls you the next (insert name of famous author). Which author has to watch their back now you’re on the scene?
That’s a tricky question! I think the best compliment would be ‘the next Nora Roberts' as she is a great romance writer!
There - answered them all!

And now I'm tagging the following bloggers with the challenge to answer the same questions:


4 comments:

  1. Great answers, Katheryn. I had to laugh at your comment about Shylock! Never mind the pound of flesh, just give him a banker's bonus!
    Interestingly, one review I've received said that my recent release Fragrance of Violets brought Nora Roberts to mind! High praise indeed!
    Not managed to read your latest yet - life has been too hectic recently! But it's at the top of my TBR pile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great about being compared to Nora Roberts! Glad you like the Shylock comment :)

      Delete
  2. Great questions! (and answers)

    The desert sounds intriguing, Katheryn! :-))

    Yikes @ eating pigs ears! (do they taste like chicken? ha ha)

    Your newest book, Her Latin Lover, sounds amazing. On my very-soon-to-be read list :-))

    Thanks for tagging me to answer these same questions.

    Hugs,

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pigs ears taste like gristle (or maybe the ones I had weren't cooked right) - I don't recommend them! Hope you enjoy Her Latin Lover.

      Delete