Friday, February 15, 2013

Tears and Romance with Author Tammy Robinson


Today it's wonderful to welcome author, Tammy Robinson. Tammy, I bleive your first book is called Charlie and Pearl. It's had lots of great reviews, could you tell us what it's about?

Charlie and Pearl is a love story at heart, but in a non-traditional, non sugar-coated way and with the opposite of your Happy-ever-after ending. It’s garnering a reputation as a bit of a tear jerker.

It’s my first published book, but the second book I’ve written.


What inspired you to write it?


The characters came to me first, and I started writing their story even though at that stage I had no idea how the book would end, or the twist that would suddenly appear half way through. It was wonderful how it all came together, easiest piece of writing I’ve ever done, just wrote itself. I couldn’t wait to get home from work at the end of every day to sit down and write.


What are you working on at the moment?

A new book, as yet untitled. It’s interesting as the main characters voice keeps changing. Before I started writing it I mulled over the idea, characters and plot in my head for awhile. This story was first going to be told from the mother's POV, but now it’s switched to her daughter's but even that isn’t set in stone. I keep getting new ideas, usually late at night or while I’m in the shower and don’t have pen and paper nearby! I also have another book idea I’ve started jotting down. Depends on which story really starts taking off as to which one will be finished first.

What are you currently reading?


The Taste of Apple Seeds by Katharina Hagena. Slow to start but I’m hoping it gets better.

When you're not reading or writing, what do you like to do in your spare time?


What is this thing you speak of, ‘Spare Time’?! With a 15 week old baby daughter, spare time just doesn’t exist! Before I had her I read as much as I could (daily). I also like to paint and I used to drink copious amounts of wine, something I’m no longer able to do due to breastfeeding.

Last year I also started a blog ‘The Year of Wonderful Weekends’ based on a book I’d bought. A friend of ours died aged 32 of cancer, and another friend got cancer at the same time aged 36, (she’s since passed away aged 38, leaving behind a husband and eight year old daughter L )The blog was all about reclaiming life’s simple pleasures, and enjoying every moment. You can check out the things I got up at the link below

Where can readers find out more about you?


Blog link: http://charlieandpearl.wordpress.com/
Facebook Author page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tammy-Robinson-Author/214658285251830

One last thing, can we have a sneak peak at Charlie and Pearl?
 
While I waited for him to finish work I walked down to the main wharf on the estuary. Kids were fishing with hand lines, buckets beside them filled with darting little silver fish.

I remembered doing this with my cousins growing up. Summer afternoons, our bare feet dangling off the side, each with a custard square in a white paper bag, a treat from the local bakery paid for by Gran, who would sit on a nearby bench and watch us all carefully. None of us wanted to be the first to cave and eat theirs early, because eating yours first meant you then had to watch jealously while the others lingered over theirs on purpose later on.“Hmm yum” they would tease, licking the gooey custard off the inside of the paper. So we would try and time it to eat them all together.

We’d run proudly up to Gran every time we caught a fish, usually a sprat but if we were lucky a yellow eyed mullet or small John Dory. She would clap her hands gleefully and declare it the biggest fish she’d ever seen and then we’d go home and she’d carefully fillet it, no matter how small, then coat it in flour and fry it in butter and we would sit outside on the grass and eat it with our fingers and it would still taste of the sea. I don’t think to this day I’ve ever tasted anything as delicious.
 
Thank you Tammy!

Charlie and the Pearl is available from all Amazon sites, including Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment