Friday, November 9, 2012

Passion and Romance! Meet historical romance author, Sonia Galloway

I always love hearing from other romance authors and today it’s great to welcome historical romance author, Sonia Galloway. First, what is your debut novel about?

My debut novel, Wishful Secrets, is about a peasant girl who is madly in love with a wealthy Earl, a renowned parliamentarian.  It’s a story about passion, where the hero and heroine are faced with insurmountable challenges. It’s about the inner battle between longing and pride, and the dogmatic thinking in a society built on class and wealth. Above all, Wishful Secrets is about discovering love.

 

Sounds great! It is listed as being part of a trilogy. Does that mean we can expect more of the story?

It is part of the trilogy in the sense that it embraces the main theme of the other two novels, which is “secrecy”.  Wishful Secrets, Shameful Secrets and Deadly Secrets take place in Regency England, but they are three separate love stories, independent from each other.

What inspired you to start writing it?

As you know, when you're writing, you're living in two separate worlds at once, yours and the one you created.

It had been several weeks since I had finished writing a novel, and on this particular evening I was struggling with this hollowness that comes along with missing the living and breathing characters that an author creates and must then leave behind.  As I sat at my desk, sipping my tea and longing for my characters, an image flashed before my mind's eye.

I saw a peasant girl dressed in a threadbare gown, huddled in a rocker near the fireplace, in a shabby cottage.  My heart lurched with interest. I set my tea aside and paid more attention, and was struck by her “Mona Lisa” smile.  Why such a sad smile, I thought, and then I proceeded to find out.

Did you have to do a lot of research for it?

I had previously done a lot of research about the Regency era, and so I only needed a little bit more for Wishful Secrets.

I love the cover, who designed it?

Thank you.  The illustrator at Enete Enterprises, Deidre Hof, designed it. She and my publisher, Shannon Enete, were very attentive to my wishes of what I envisioned the cover to look like, but Deidre’s finished work exceeded my expectations.

What are you currently reading?

I'm reading a book by Emile Zola, "FĂ©conditĂ©."  I like to alter between the classics—mostly French classics—and Romance.

Do you have any final comments?

I would like to thank you, Katheryn, for inviting me to your blog.

I would also like to mention that Wishful Secrets is available in Nook, Kindle, iTunes, and paperback, and that the next two novels in the “Secrets” trilogy – Shameful Secrets and Deadly Secrets – should be out in 2013.

Where can readers find out more about you?

They can visit my website: http://www.SoniaGalloway.com   


Thank you very much Sonia! I look forward to your next two Regency romances coming out.

2 comments:

  1. Great interview! I really enjoyed the part hearing Sonia describe her inspiration. Very good stuff! Thanks for sharing Katheryn and best of luck to you Sonia.

    Paul R. Hewlett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Paul. I'm so glad you liked the interview.

    ReplyDelete