Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Meet Bestselling Romance Author, Bella Andre


I am thrilled to be interviewing the bestselling romance author, Bella Andre, on my blog! First, Bella, you have published many successful romance novels, including The Sullivans series. Can I ask you what inspires your great stories?

Thank you so much for having me on your blog, Katheryn! My stories are character driven and I try to dig really deep into who my heroes and heroines are - what their fears are, why they're afraid to love, how close they are to other people, what their passions are, what they're hiding from other people. . . and themselves.

Out of all your books, do you have a favourite one, or a favourite character?

My favorite is always the one I'm working on. I just finished Zach Sullivans story, IF YOU WERE MINE, which is the 5th book in my Sullivan family contemporary romance series. I fell in love with him as I was writing the book and I really hope my readers enjoy his love story.






What do you think have been the biggest factors in the huge success of your novels?

My fans are the reason for my success. I love that they trust me to put out stories they want to read. That's what drives me to sit down with my computer every day to write ten to twenty pages on my next story. With self-publishing, being responsible for the whole process - from writing the books to making the covers to hiring great copyeditors and proofreads - makes me even more fanatic about making sure I do a great job for them.

In the last few years you have written many books. Can I ask how many and how you manage to do it?

Over the past years, I've written five brand new Sullivans titles. I have a very strict calendar where I've laid out deadlines for my work to be in editing or copyedit. If I've sent one book off to an editor, then I'll immediately start plotting and writing the next book. Luckily, I live with my Sullivans in my head all the time and I love thinking about them! Plus, the best part of my day is always when I'm writing. . . or as I like to say, "Weeping over my keyboard." J

What are you currently working on at the moment?

I am launching Zach Sullivan's love story, IF YOU WERE MINE (The Sullivans #5), and have just started writing Ryan Sullivan's story, LET ME BE THE ONE (The Sullivans #6).

What do you think about the current changes in the publishing industry?

I think it's great that authors have a way to directly reach their readers, and I love being able to get my books directly to my fans.

After writing for four major publishers, in 2010 the self-publishing revolution was just beginning. I dipped my toes into the water with a sequel to my bestselling NY published book, TAKE ME, and when LOVE ME did well, I dived all the way in! It's been an incredible journey so far, taking me all over the world this past year as I've sold 700,000 self-published ebooks as of May 2012, the majority at an average price of $4.99.

When you are not writing, what do you like to do in your free time?

I love to hike, swim, hang out with friends and family, and chat with my fans on Facebook (http://facebook.com/bellaandrefans) and Twitter (http://twitter.com/bellaandre).
Thank you, again, for having me!

Thank you Bella for taking the time to chat with me! One last thing, where can readers find out more about you and your books?

On my website (http://BellaAndre.com) and my releases are available on Amazon

IF YOU WERE MINE is now available from

No comments:

Post a Comment