Thursday, December 22, 2011

All I want for Christmas is . . .


Is it too late to write my Christmas list?  Maybe, and I'm a bit behind this year (again!), but better late than never, so here is my 'wish list' for Christmas 2011:


Top of the list has to be a Kindle Fire (no surprises there, but it will be a huge surprise if Santa can work out how to get one shipped to the Middle East).



What would I put on it?  I'd certainly get a Christmas book like A Victorian Christmas, which has both romance and recipes, and some sweet romance, such as Wife by Wednesday (great cover).




I would also love to go to the ballet, but the chances of Santa's magic bringing a ballet company to the desert are remote (though stranger things have happened).  Therefore, I would have to watch a ballet on TV.  The Nutcracker is a classic Christmas ballet and the Baryshnikov, Kirkland and Charmoli performance looks excellent.



Watching the ballet, and Christmas generally, wouldn't be complete without a box of chocolates, so I would ask for some of those  as well!



For cooking I have always wanted a large Le Creuset pot, so that would also be on the list.  I would use it to cook up a large stew/casserole with all the Christmas dinner left-overs.



For a bit of personal indulgence I would add a bottle of perfume, such as Romance by Ralph Lauren.



If money was no option, I would also add a diamond tennis bracelet (in my dreams!)



However, what I really want this Christmas is for my family and friends to have a safe and healthy festive season wherever they are in the world (and the tennis bracelet!)

What's on your Christmas list?


No comments:

Post a Comment