Saturday, December 7, 2013
5 Great Things About Texas
I love Texas and here are 5 great facts about the state:
1. The name Texas comes from the Native American, Caddo word Tejas, meaning 'friends' or 'allies'.
2. It's known as the Lone Star State because the flag of Texas features a single star.
3. Houston, San Antonio and Dallas are 3 of the 10 biggest cities in America with a combined population of over 4,500,000! However, the capital of Texas isn't one of these, it's Austin.
3. The Dallas Cowboys is the wealthiest team in the NFL.
4. The Dallas-Fortworth area has more shopping malls per person than any other metropolitan area in the USA.
5. Texas was the largest state in the USA until Alaska joined in 1959.