Thursday, April 11, 2013

Would you like to star in a sheikh romance? Now's your chance!



What's the heroine called?
I'm about to release my latest sheikh romance series, The Sheikh's Beloved, but I'm having problems with the heroine's name. Originally I was going to call her Kate Perry, but I've just been told that the name is very similar to that of a famous singer (I must watch MTV more often!). I therefore need a new name and I thought I'd open it up to my readers.

Would you like the heroine named after you?

She's a sexy British woman with strawberry blonde hair, who gets struck in the Middle East when her flight is delayed due to a volcanic eruption. However, it's not long before she meets an incredibly rich, handsome sheikh who offers her some local hospitality in more ways than one!

The delayed flight was on it's way back from Australia, where she was visiting her mother, who's been married four times (and soon meets a gorgeous ex-lifeguard). Why don't we open up the contest and include these people too so we can have more winners?

Would you like to have the heroine's mother, or her lifeguard boyfriend, named after you?

You don't need to look like any of these people or have lived similar lives to them, you just need to have a great name and enter the contest!

To enter just tell me your name (first and last) and which character you'd like to have named after you: the heroine, the heroine's mother, or the mother's boyfriend. You can tell me using one of the following methods:
The winners will have the character named after them and receive a free ebook copy of The Sheikh's Beloved series!

Please let me know as soon as possible, as I'd like to publish the series this month.

28 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Cool name Terry (is it someone you know?) I'll add it to the list of possibilities. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Anja, Tansy, Becca, Taylor, Audrey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Five great 1st names. Any good suggestions for surnames? How about your own name Jordan?

      Delete
  3. Well, my name is of Persian descent. It's Yasmin (pronounced Yaz-meen), which is Persian for Jasmine. And the meaning is "Desert Rose". My last name is Brazilian. It's Correa, and mean "To be linked or tied to".

    In other words my name Yasmin Correa, means "Linked to a desert rose".

    If you'd like to use it, I'll let you chose which character it would be suited for. I'm not picky. Lol

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What an amazing name! I wish I had used it for my last book, The Desert Sheikh, as the Sheikh calls the heroine his desert rose.

      Delete
  4. I love these types of contests. Well my name is Margaret which is English and my last name is another Portuguese name Faria but in Portuguese I would actually be called Margarida Faria. My daughter is Ariana we....have a lot of a's lol! We would be both thrilled to have any character in the book with our names. Good Luck and Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margaret! You and your daugher have beautiful names. I'll enter both of them into the competition.

      Delete
  5. Well my name is Mandy, short for Amanda,don't know if that's a strong enough name though! lol, I've always liked the name Kaydence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda/Mandy and Kaydence are great names! Any ideas for surnames? Thank you :)

      Delete
    2. Mandy, could you email me about the competition at KatherynLane1(at)hotmail.com Thank you!

      Delete
  6. My daughters name is Amanda too, and it means "Worthy to be loved". Her middle name is Ruby, which means "A precious jewel".

    In essence her name means "A precious jewel, worthy to be loved". That would be a good First and Last name combination. Amanda Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda Ruby has a beautiful meaning! Thank you for suggesting it

      Delete
  7. Oh, and my 2nd daughters name is Eve Simone. Which means "A strong beginning".

    ReplyDelete
  8. Desiree Francesca Logan...Good Luck with your search so many nice names. :}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You are so right, there are so many beautiful names . . . It's like trying to name your own baby.

      Delete
  9. Nice blog! I found your great blog through the WLC Blog Follows on the World Literary Cafe. Great to connect! Stop by www.janmoran.com to say hello :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found your great blog through the WLC Blog Follows on the World Literary Cafe! Great to connect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I found your great blog through the WLC Blog Follows on the World Literary Cafe! Great to connect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I found your great blog through the WLC Blog Follows on the World Literary Cafe! Great to connect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for all the wonderful suggestions for names for the characters in my next sheikh romance. There were so many beautiful ones that it was hard to choose, but the winners are Tassie (Twitter entry) and Mandy H (blog entry). Thank you!

    ReplyDelete