Wednesday, August 3, 2011

J K Rowling's doing it, I'm doing it, are you?

J K Rowling and I actually have a few things in common, such as the fact that we have both lived in Edinburgh and we have both taught abroad.  The latest thing that we now share is that we both believe in publishing our books as ebooks.  According to a recent press conference at the Victoria and Albert Museum (a great museum by the way - more on that another time maybe) J K Rowling said, 'I wanted to give something back to the fans that have followed Harry so devotedly over the years, and to bring the stories to a new digital generation.' 

Basically, from October it seems like the whole Harry Potter series will be available as ebooks.  This is great news for all people who have gone into a bookstore to buy the one book that is missing from their collection only to find that it is the one book that the shop does not stock (I have 2 boys and this has happened to me several times - let me just say that there were tears).

Hopefully J K Rowling and I will continue to share many more things in common in the years to come. . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment