Monday, July 11, 2011

A good read

The Royal Sheikh is now available on Smashwords, which means you can download it in lots of different formats, e.g. as a pdf file, and also in some formats which I've never even heard of, like Palm Doc - what's that?!?  There's also an option to read 20% of it for free to see if you like it (I hope you do). 

I like the idea of a 'free sample', as who hasn't read part of a book in a store before buying it?  Have you ever read the whole book in a bookshop?  My brother once tried to do it in WHSmiths in the UK.  I think he was on the last chapter when they kicked him out.  Undeterred, he returned the next day and finished off the book.  That was many years ago (he was about ten at the time).  Nowadays, bookstores seem to positively encourage it by having comfy chairs and coffee shops in-store.  I presume this is to encourage customers as they face ever-increasing competition form online retailers like Amazon.  I for one, love a good bookstore and will continue to visit them as well as buying online - that way I get the best of both worlds!

2 comments:

  1. Nothing quite like a good read, Katheryn.

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed. Many thanks for the encouragement LSP

    ReplyDelete